The Plextortion is a distortion pedal that was originally designed to emulate a “JCM800®” with Celestion® Greenbacks (If you think of those great tones from Back in Black era AC/DC, all the way through to (post DLR) Van Halen, Dokken, Ratt, Guns’N’Roses and all those amazing 80’s rock “cranked Marshall”® tones). It has a very brown sounding distortion, in a way, quite similar to our Pinnaclepedal.
It differs from the Pinnacle in that it is a tighter distortion, more like pre amp tube distortion where the pinnacle is a bit looser, more like power tube distortion. This difference, although hardly noticeable to your average person, is hugely important when looking for “that” sound, Never before has a pedal given that high gain tone that would appear to be pre-amp driven and power-amp driven.
I’ve noticed that some guys like play their distortion pedals that emulate Marshall® tones THROUGH a Marshall®. Let’s be honest – we can play a chorus pedal through a Marshall® and get a very Marshall® sounding chorus pedal… In our opinion this isn’t a fair or accurate representation of a pedal. Because of this, we record our clips and videos through amps that are completely different in character to Marshalls® in order to be as accurate as possible.
• Hand made in the U.S.A.
• High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
• Completely true bypass
• Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
• Power draw: 12mA
• 5 knobs – gain, volume, bass, treble, mids giving you complete tonal control
• 1 toggle switch adds in presence and clarity if needed
• Plenty of volume potential if you need it
• 2.50″ x 4.50″ (63.5mm x 114.3mm)