The Catalinbread Echorec is based around the legendary Binson Echorec, an arcane tube echo which incorporated 4 playback heads and a spinning magnetic drum as its recording medium. The Binson is probably most famously known for Pink Floyd’s use of the unit, and has long captivated musicians for both its rhythmic and ambient characteristics. We managed to include all the features of the original (and then some) while still keeping it in a small standard pedal sized enclosure.
Echorec: At a Glance
- Based on the legendary Binson Echorec.
- 12 programs give you every head combination possible.
- 40-ms-1000ms delay time, 100% wet/dry mix.
- Tone control can be deep and resonant or bright and chirpy.
- Trails or True Bypass modes
- Internal modulation and gain controls
- 2.34″ x 4.39″ pedal
- 9v-18v Negative Tip DC Power
- 61 mA draw