The sound is a hair more compressed than the silver Archer and fuller sounding with the Gain knob dialed back—or “boost” mode—which is how a majority of players use their klones. Quite simply put, there is no finer tool for goosing your amp, be it tightroping the verge of breakup or simply dipping its toes into the juice pool. When set to full gain—or “drive” mode—the Ikon exhibits a smoother, gently compressed clipping section, indicative of the original Centaur tone but sorely lacking from the abundance of klones on the market. The Treble knob keeps all the frequencies in check, and is a godsend for players using a Les Paul or other humbucker-equipped axe.
Just like the original Centaur, a charge pump circuit is utilized to internally bump the voltage from the nine-volt input up to 18 volts. This helps create the legendary headroom for which the Klon is renowned, and it is also why the Klon stacks so well with other pedals.
J. Rockett Audio Designs Archer Ikon Features:
- Features actual Klon “magic” diodes. That’s right—THE part
- Legendary drive and boost tones—ultra-transparent
- Internal charge pump circuit doubles the voltage
- Hand-made in the USA
- Standard 9v center-negative power
• Gain Knob: Turn to the right to increase gain, to the left to decrease gain.
• Treble Knob: Turn to the right to increase treble, to the left to decrease treble.
• Output Knob: Turn to the right to increase output, to the left to decrease output.
The Archer ikon is sort of a 2 in 1 pedal. It can be used as just a
clean boost by turning the gain all the way down. As you introduce
gain it will attenuate the clean signal, but there is a magical blend
in-between that you will find. Please experiment!!