We’re very excited to offer this ‘exclusive to Europe & Australia’ PRS model – the fantastic Fatback 24, from the Wood Library program.
Based on the 30th Anniversary Custom 24, the new guitar features a thicker ‘McCarty depth’ body, some amazing hand-selected, up-graded timbers – and just 60 of the Fatback 24s will ever be made available.
Although the body is thicker than a regular Custom 24, the use of lightweight Ribbon Stripe African Mahogany ensures the guitar balances perfectly – and the wide curl flame maple ‘10-top’ makes the Fatback 24 look as good as it feels, of course. The guitar also features 30th Anniversary mother-of-pearl birds inlays, very cool ivoroid fingerboard purfling and a choice of six colours: Charcoal Burst, Dark Cherry Sunburst, Fire Red Burst, Faded Whale Blue, Black Gold and Orange Tiger.
In terms of playability and tone the Fatback 24 features a Pattern Thin carve mahogany neck (with Gabon Ebony fingerboard and headstock veneer) and PRS’s new 85/15 treble and bass humbuckers harnessed to volume, tone (with push-pull coil-tap) and three-way toggle switch. We’re loving the new 85/15 pickups – they’re incredibly clear, with lots of low-end and a nice sparkly treble that never gets ‘ice-picky’
A PRS tremolo system rounds out the spec of the very special limited edition model, which ships in a similarly limited Black Paisley PRS case.
- Top Wood:Hand Selected ‘Wood Library’ Carved Figured Maple Flame ’10 Top’
- Back Wood:Hand Selected ‘Wood Library’ Ribbon Stripe African Mahogany, McCarty Depth
- Number of Frets:24
- Scale Length:25″
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood:Gabon Ebony with Purfling
- Fretboard Inlays:Mother of Pearl 30th Anniversary Birds
- Headstock Inlay:Gabon Ebony Veneer with Inlaid Signature and Purfling
- Neck Shape:Pattern Thin
- Bridge:PRS Tremolo
- Tuners:PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Hardware Type:Hybrid
- Treble Pickup:85/15 Treble
- Bass Pickup:85/15 Bass
- ControlsVolume and Push-Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector