The Gretsch G6118T 125th Anniversary hollowbody electric guitar celebrates a Gretsch milestone in stellar style! The classic single-cutaway arched laminated maple body features updated “ML” bracing, and it’s joined to a 3-piece maple neck with an ebony fingerboard. Of course, in vintage Gretsch style, the G6118T 125th Anniversary features MOP “Thumbnail” neck inlays, and its headstock features a black overlay with a chrome anniversary plate. You also get a fantastic gloss nitrocellulose laquer finish and gold plexi pickguard on the G6118T 125 Anniversary guitar.
Gretsch G6118T 125th Anniversary Hollowbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- A very special Gretsch
- New bracing
- Great-sounding features
A very special Gretsch
In celebration of the 125th anniversary of Gretsch, a very special instrument was created that is sure to be an instant classic. Combining time-tested Gretsch elements from the past with new features, the 125th Anniversary model has an ultra-rare Jaguar Tan top, with metallic gold back and sides. The body is made of three-play laminated maple for the utmost resonance and tone.
Two key individuals in the Gretsch story recently designed a new scalloped bracing specifically voiced for Gretsch guitars. The new “ML” bracing-which stands for Gretsch guitar designers Masao Terada and Mike Lewis-makes its debut on the 125th “Annie”. This construction synchronizes the vibration of the top and back, with increased acoustical openness in tone.
Accentuating the tone of the new ML bracing are a pair of TV Jones® Power’Tron pickups, pinned rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge and a Bigsby® B6C vibrato tailpiece.
Gretsch G118T 125th AnnivErsary Hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- COLORS: Top: Jaguar Tan, Back and Sides: Metallic Gold
- STYLE: Hollow Body Guitar
- BODY STYLE: Single Cutaway
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.6″ (625mm)
- TOP: Arched Laminated Maple
- BRACING: “ML” Style (Spruce)
- BACK AND SIDES: Laminated Maple Body, 16″ Wide, 2.5″ Deep
- NECK : 3-Piece Maple with Tapered Heel
- PICKUPS: 2 TV Jones PowerTron Pickups (Bridge and Neck)
- PICKUP SWITCHING: 3-Position Toggle
- CONTROLS : Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, 3-Position Toggle Master Tone Switch
- WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16″ (43mm)
- FRETBOARD: Ebony, 12″ Radius (305mm)
- BRIDGE: Rosewood-Based Pinned Adjusto-MaticTM Bridge
- TAILPIECE: Gretsch Bigsby B6C Vibrato Tailpiece
- HARDWARE: Polished Aluminum, Chrome and Nickel-Plated
- FINISH: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- CASE : Deluxe Hardshell Case
- NO. OF FRETS: 21
- MACHINE HEADS: Deluxe Sperzel Nickel-Plated Die-cast Locking Tuners
- Black Headstock Overlay with Chrome Plated “ANNIVERSARY (1883-2008)” Plate on Headstock
- INLAYS: Mother-Of-Pearl Neo-classic “Thumbnail” Position Markers
- BINDING: Multiple Body Bindings
- PICKGUARD: Metallic Gold Plexi Pickguard,
- Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- G-Arrow Knobs
The Gretsch G118T 125th Anniversary celebrates a milestone in toneful style!