A Compact Taylor with Exotic Tonewoods
A Grand Concert body, short-scale neck, and an exotic tonewood pairing give the 322e its signature Taylor playability and unique sound at a reduced size. A satin-finished mahogany top and Tasmanian blackwood body give this guitar a rich open sound with punch, warmth, and a slow bloom that fingerstylists and delicate strummers are sure to appreciate. The 322e comes loaded with Taylor Expression System 2 electronics to capture the full detail of your playing when you’re plugged in at the coffee shop or tracking in the studio. Get the sweet blend of mahogany and blackwood in a compact and travel-friendly size with the Taylor 322e acoustic-electric guitar.
Taylor 322e Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Comfortable Grand Concert body style provides excellent tonal balance
- Rich tone and looks from a mahogany/blackwood design
- Taylor Expression System 2 electronics deliver superior sound onstage
Comfortable Grand Concert body style provides excellent tonal balance
One of Taylor’s most comfortable body styles, the 322e’s smaller-than-average Grand Concert shape is the perfect fit for anyone looking for a more manageable instrument. Its compact body and short-scale neck make the 322e a particularly good fit for fingerstylists and players who have a shorter reach.
Rich tone and looks from a mahogany/blackwood design
A tropical mahogany top gives the Taylor 322e its complex lows and controlled midrange. Back and sides made from Tasmanian blackwood – a cousin of koa wood – enhances harmonic content and gives this guitar a custom look under stage lights. A dark stain gives the mahogany top a moody look to match its complex sound.
Taylor Expression System 2 electronics deliver superior sound onstage
Artists who play plugged in will appreciate the natural-sounding Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics onboard the 322e acoustic guitar. This system features a three-section proprietary pickup located behind the guitar’s saddle for clear and accurate sound reproduction. A master volume control and a pair of tone controls let you tweak your sound and output from the stage, and a discreet phase switch offers vital onboard feedback suppression. For direct tone you can depend on, Sweetwater guitarists recommend Taylor ES2 electronics.
Taylor 322e Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Comfortable Grand Concert body with a short-scale neck
- Tropical mahogany produces a rich, deep tone
- Tasmanian blackwood back and sides enhance harmonics and projection
- Great for fingerpicking to light strumming
- Ebony fretboard improves clarity and note definition
- Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics provide natural sound reproduction and a full dynamic response
- Balanced output for noise-free amplification