Each JT Signature Model guitar bears a label personally signed by both James Taylor and Jim Olson, visible through the soundhole. Inside, the neck head block is laser-engraved with the James Taylor Signature Model designation, in addition to the serial number and year of construction.
Jim will craft a total of 100 JT models: 80 Standard JT models, and 10 each of two Special Edition JT models that supplement the standard model with special appointments and woods (a Special Edition Model is pictured above). The Standard JT model is available for $15,000. Special Edition models command higher prices; contact Jim directly for further information.
- SJ non-cutaway body shape
- Cedar top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Rosewood binding
- 5-piece laminated neck
- Abalone dove and “O” inlays
- Abalone soundhole trim
- Abalone trim around the top edge, back center strip, and endblock wedge
- Custom Gotoh 510 rock steady post tuners with “O” logo goldtone casings and black faux-ebony knobs
- Custom Calton Deluxe hardshell case with “O” embossed on the lid