The American Strat Goes Upscale with the Custom Classic
The magic of the Fender Custom Shop is in the hands of the builders! Their years of experience, range of skills and expertise at their craft make every Fender guitar they build highly sought-after by players, celebrities and collectors. That’s the case with the Custom Classic Stratocaster C-Neck!
Fender Custom Classic Stratocaster C-Neck at a Glance:
- An American Strat with custom features
- Select alder body and “C” maple neck
- Modern Classic single-coil pickups and Hot Classic bridge pickup
The Custom Classic Stratocaster is the Custom Shop’s version of Fender’s American Series Strat. It offers custom detailing, classic Fender contours and legendary Strat tone. The aged white plastic parts contribute to the Strat’s classic looks, and a new deluxe 2-point synchronized tremolo with polished solid stainless steel saddles and block make it fun to play.
Select alder body and “C” maple neck
The Fender Custom Classic Stratocaster includes additional upgraded features. It’s built with a thin-finished select alder body. The Strat’s lightly figured “C”-shaped maple neck is offset by a rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets, and Fender Deluxe cast/sealed machine heads. The advantage of the rosewood fingerboard is a solid attack combined with a “warm,” round tone that is balanced throughout the range of the instrument. The alder body wood brings the classic rock sounds of Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and John Mayer to the table.
Modern Classic single-coil pickups
Fender has upgraded the Custom Classic Stratocaster pickup section, too. The Strat’s three Modern Classic single-coil pickups include the Hot Classic bridge pickup with a custom steel inductance plate. Also onboard this Strat is a 3-ply parchment pickguard and a Custom Classic 2-point synchronized tremolo with milled solid-stainless saddles, solid steel spring block, and pop-in arm.
Fender Custom Classic Stratocaster C-Neck Features:
- Model Name: Custom Classic Stratocaster “C” Neck
- Series: Custom Classic Series
- Colors: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body: Select alder
- Neck: Lightly Figured maple, round “C” shape, polished satin urethane finish
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5″ radius
- No. of Frets: 22 medium jumbo frets
- Pickups: 2 Modern Classic single-coil pickups (neck, middle), 1 Hot Classic single-coil pickup (bridge) with custom steel inductance plate
- All pickups have modern magnet stagger
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (neck pickup), tone 2, no-load tone control (middle and bridge pickups)
- Pickup switching: 5-position blade
- Bridge: New Deluxe 2-point synchronized tremolo with polished solid stainless steel saddles and block
- Machine Heads: Fender/Schaller Deluxe staggered cast/sealed tuning machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-ply parchment
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Width at Nut: 1.6875″
- Unique features: Aged white plastic parts
- Strings: Fender Super 3250R, nickel plated steel, (.010 to .046)
- Case: Deluxe blonde hardshell case